Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Gareee©

Default Considering new stream to pond.. inpu?

Hey guys.. I'm considering adding a stream to the pond. The idea is to pump
water up to the stream head (maybe 5-8 feet away), and create a stream
"channel" using my local rock, and quickrete with imbedded stones, if
possible.

Can the quickrete be sealed using concrete sealer so lime or such doesn't
leech into the pond?

I'm on a slight grade, and want to take advantage of that using some of th
elarge native rocks in my yard, and posibly building up the stream some, so
it ends in a slight waterfall into the pond itself.

The idea is to create a wood/wire framework with some of the large rocks
around/in it, and then quickrete the stream "bottom", and using concrete
stain for the stream "bottom", with some of th elocal rocks, and some water
worn rocks for a more natural effect.

I was also thinking of including a few depression "planters" for some plants
to help sell the natural appearance.

Feedback/ideas?

--
Gareee