Old 09-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Reel Mckoi

"gene" wrote in message
ups.com...
The lotus that was savaged by a racoon in the spring just sent up its
first aerial leaf. I guess there was a little growing point left that
didn't rot. I don't think I'll get a blossom this season in Chicago,
because it started out so late, but I am wondering if I can lift and
store such a little lotus for the winter or does everyone just leave it
in the pond. It probably won't freeze if I leave it in, but I am
wondering whether it can be safely lifted and stored in a cool place
instead, so I can drain the pond it's in and not worry about it.
Thanks

If your pond doesn't freeze to the bottom you can drop them there. Pull
them up in the spring. Mine survive over the winter in those cheapo plastic
kiddy pools, but I'm in zone 6.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b