Old 09-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Trunky

bark chips (B&Q ultra el-cheapo) over wead-proof membrane is awesome, had a
front garden plot laid with this for 4 years, once yearly I add about a
quarter of the original amount of bark, possibly less. It tends to dry out
and blow away in the winter.

great job

low price HL1 & HL2 servers for rental
10 player private clanserver 12 quid!!
http://www.stressed-out.org - for details or #stressed on quakenet
CS Public #1, 195.242.236.6:27015 ff=on, awp=off trial public server
"Draven" wrote in message
.uk...

"Marshal Anderson" wrote in
message ...
Had my garden done over with areas of wood chip a while ago
(www.marshal.co.uk/garden.htm if you're really board!). In some areas
the wood has now rotted down to the point where things are begining to
grow in it - not the idea at all (

So, what sort of rolling program of maintainance do I need for this -
clearly I have to replace some of it - I started trying to seive out
the soil that's formed but that will take for ever. If the only option
is to replace the lot (which I'd rather avoid) are there ways of
treating it so it lasts longer?

TIA

Marshal

What's my cat doing in your garden? ;O)