Old 10-08-2005, 08:56 AM
John

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:13:33 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

In message , PDES
writes

Newly landscaped garden finished two weeks ago, pond, waterfall, rockery -
the works....and a poxy mole!!! Every night we have to repair the damage
where he has travelled under the gravel beds and matting and emerged
somewhere else!

I've heard that the sonic things are useless and I am under instruction not
to kill it so can anyone offer me a solution? There's a virtual beer in
it!!!

You should be so lucky! Only one? I've hundreds of the things.

Sorry not to be helpful but there is not a friendly way to get rid of
them. I once tried to drown them out but after pouring about twenty
gallons of water down one of their holes with no result whatsoever - not
even the water pouring out of another hole! - I gave up.

However, my neighbour has an effective way of dealing with them. It
sounds cruel but is in fact a kind killing because it is fast and the
mole doesn't suffer. He biffs them on the nose with a spade. Since their
noses are very sensitive the shock kills them instantly.

Prick.