Old 10-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Ray

In the first place, in orchids, it's a "capsule" not a pod.

If it has not split open it may still be OK for "green pod" culturing (don't
you just love the inconsistencies!), but as it spontaneously fell off, I'd
be concerned that there might not be any viable seed in it anyway.

In any case, I'd get it to a lab right away, before it does split. You
might get lucky.

"PhalGuy" wrote in message
news:1123703497.7a1a47b9b138299aec980ca1defc8ed2@t eranews...
Hello everyone!

This morning, the pod on the phal I pollinated last april just fell off.
It`s still green but starting turning yellow. the flower is still attached
but is black now!

Is the pod still good? Can it be save? how?

thanks

--
Claude

www.picturetrail.com/phalguy