Old 10-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Doug Kanter

"Ray Pearson" wrote in message

"Chris Bartlett" wrote in
message

Hello all,

WHAT can I pour into the soil to kill and KEEP DEAD anything. I'm
talking nothing is even able to grow there. That's what I want.

Weed killers are not working.

TRIOX is the best I know of. Nothing will prevent growth forever, however
triox pretty much sterilizes the ground for at least a year. Kills
everything I know of, I was killing some zosha(sp) grass one time and over
did it and KILLED a 8" diameter tree.

think agent orange.

Likely you will have to re-treat the cracks and gaps periodically, BTW
bleach will degrade in a matter of days, alcohol is gone nearly
immediately,
neither will have any effect more that a week down the road.

He might want to follow the chemical with some landscape fabric, but not the
first one he runs across at a store. The owner of a local landscape place
mentioned to me that there are several levels of durability available. Worth
looking around for, especially if it's going to be used under gravel.