Old 11-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Suzie-Q

In article ,
Chris Bartlett wrote:

- Hello all,
-
- First let me apologize for coming into a gardening forum, a place of
- growth, and asking how to do what I need to do...
-
- I live in an city with houses right on top of each other. I have a
- side "yard" that I am turning into nothing but a gravel and fieldstone
- walkway.
-
- Problem... There is MASSIVE growth of weeds and other plants. It's 3
- 1/1 feet wide, and about 65 feet long with a house on one side and a
- fence on the other.
-
- I cannot have ANYTHING growing there. Ever... I don't want to deal
- with any kind of flora popping up anywhere. I have been pulling out
- roots for 2 months now while I prepare for the walkway, but these
- things keep returning.
-
- WHAT can I pour into the soil to kill and KEEP DEAD anything. I'm
- talking nothing is even able to grow there. That's what I want.
-
- Weed killers are not working. I mean, I know this sounds dumb, but can
- I pour something like, bleach, alcohol, or some kind of poison into the
- dirt? Something in large volumes that will not only kill, but stay in
- the soil and make that soil completely, 100% inhospitable?
-
- Thanks you,
-
- Chris

Why not put down a layer of plastic or some other material that
prevents weeds from growing there?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~