Old 11-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Craig Cowing

On Aug 11, 2005, at 2:35 AM, Billy M. Rhodes wrote:

In a message dated 8/10/2005 10:09:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

When is the best time to repot a Shimpaku? I think it needs repeating
badly.
Iris

I repot mine in the first week of Jan. For you I would aim for
after
the worst of the cold is passed but while some cool weather remains.
For me repeating any Juniper this time of year is almost always fatal.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

I repot in the spring, sometime in March. I wouldn't do any root
pruning this time of year. If it's potbound, I would take it out of the
pot with the root ball intact and pot up in a larger nursery pot and
then repot next spring.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37