Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Lady Blacksword

I haven't read the other advice offered yet, but I'd try rock salt, watered
in in heavy doses.
Murri

"Chris Bartlett" wrote in message

Hello all,

First let me apologize for coming into a gardening forum, a place of
growth, and asking how to do what I need to do...

I live in an city with houses right on top of each other. I have a
side "yard" that I am turning into nothing but a gravel and fieldstone
walkway.

Problem... There is MASSIVE growth of weeds and other plants. It's 3
1/1 feet wide, and about 65 feet long with a house on one side and a
fence on the other.

I cannot have ANYTHING growing there. Ever... I don't want to deal
with any kind of flora popping up anywhere. I have been pulling out
roots for 2 months now while I prepare for the walkway, but these
things keep returning.

WHAT can I pour into the soil to kill and KEEP DEAD anything. I'm
talking nothing is even able to grow there. That's what I want.

Weed killers are not working. I mean, I know this sounds dumb, but can
I pour something like, bleach, alcohol, or some kind of poison into the
dirt? Something in large volumes that will not only kill, but stay in
the soil and make that soil completely, 100% inhospitable?

Thanks you,

Chris

--
Chris Bartlett