Old 03-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Victoria Clare

Default hiding ugly gas tanks: regulations

"A.Malhotra" wrote in
:

LOL. But to return to the original thread, I'm not concerned about
emergency access. The firemen can trample across my flower beds with my
blessing if my gas tank is about to blow up! Its the gas supply company
that is being awkward.
Anita

Can you get hold of whoever it is made the original complaint and ask them
what the problem is?

My gas delivery guys are always very pleasant and helpful when I see them
(though as I work from home I have the advantage that I do see them from
time to time)

Even if the delivery guys cannot be brought to the phone, you might be able
to talk a mobile number out of the reception desk?

Given my experience, I'd guess it's more a matter of individual awkwardness
than country-wide guidelines.

I've just remembered that the Calor tank at my Gran's old house is jammed
between the house wall and a privet hedge. And I notice that the house
over the road has woven hazel fencing all round theirs, though I can't tell
how close it is from the tank from here. The woven stuff is low enough
that I imagine the gas-men lean over it to fill it.

Victoria (noticing more gas tanks than ever before...)