Old 04-12-2002, 08:57 AM
A.Malhotra

Default hiding ugly gas tanks: regulations

Victoria Clare wrote:

I've just remembered that the Calor tank at my Gran's old house is jammed
between the house wall and a privet hedge. And I notice that the house
over the road has woven hazel fencing all round theirs, though I can't tell
how close it is from the tank from here. The woven stuff is low enough
that I imagine the gas-men lean over it to fill it.

That's interesting: as I said that's what we had around ours originally,
and after being told it was a fire risk but trellis would be okay, down it
came and up went the trellis....I think its got more to do with the
delivery people than the regulations personally.
Anita