Old 12-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Brian

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message MPG.1d65fffc3095a69b9896a2@dalai
from Warwick contains these words:
In article ,
says...
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these
words:
cineman wrote:

Tie a rope around base, soak the soil around the roots very well,
tie
other end of rope to car and drive off slowly.
Unless the hawthorn is very tall of course.
[...]

As a matter of interest, have you tried the method? I did once, with
a very small goat willow, about an inch and a half in diameter. All

got was wheelspin.

I have too, with a Fordson Power Major, and all *I* got was wheelspin.

You'll have to refer to the google archive to find my post. I did this
with a rope that had some elasticity, a car with 200 BHP and a 1/2 tonne
of Lleyandii tree stump a few years back. Wheelspin would have been
nicer than trying to outrun a tree that had better acdeleration than me.

The picture that conjures requires no visit to the archive...

--
Rusty

I tried the above but understood the secret was to allow yards of slack
so that a good jerk could be achieved. It's amazing how much blood can come
from a battered nose!!!
Best Wishes Brian.