Old 13-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Daniel Morrow

"Logic316" wrote in message
Daniel Morrow wrote:
I get my plants from http://www.thatpetplace.com but be forewarned - the
bunched plants (the fancy stuff arrives in pristine condition for the

most
part) often arrive in a big bunch, not separated or weighted. Good luck

and
later!

I don't pay for my plants anymore. I just scoop them up from a nearby
lake and keep the extras in a bucket out in the sun with a little
Miracle Gro and aquarium fertilizer until needed. The varieties from
there aren't that fancy looking, but they're extremely hardy.

Cool - that's old school, seems to be the recommended way to go for some to
most people according to my older books. I think I did that before - except
for hornwort there aren't many aquatic plants around here, especially not
high temperature plants. Interesting post by you - anyone who wants to do it
can just dig in but might want to be careful (soaking the fresh plants in a
permanganate potash/water solution for a few minutes or so first (off of the
top of my head), to prevent bugs from getting into their tank (predators,
etc.). Good luck and later!

- Logic316

"Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need
for its own existence."
-- Ronald Reagan