Old 12-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Dan

Default Where to buy plants

Can anyone tell me where I can buy good quality plants. I know there are
several sites but lost the internet addresses. I recently bought some from
a company and they were not as nice as the ones I used to buy.

Thanks
Dan

Old 13-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Daniel Morrow

"Dan" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me where I can buy good quality plants. I know there are
several sites but lost the internet addresses. I recently bought some

from
a company and they were not as nice as the ones I used to buy.

Thanks
Dan

I get my plants from http://www.thatpetplace.com but be forewarned - the
bunched plants (the fancy stuff arrives in pristine condition for the most
part) often arrive in a big bunch, not separated or weighted. Good luck and
later!

Old 13-08-2005, 02:39 AM
Logic316

Daniel Morrow wrote:
I get my plants from http://www.thatpetplace.com but be forewarned - the
bunched plants (the fancy stuff arrives in pristine condition for the most
part) often arrive in a big bunch, not separated or weighted. Good luck and
later!

I don't pay for my plants anymore. I just scoop them up from a nearby
lake and keep the extras in a bucket out in the sun with a little
Miracle Gro and aquarium fertilizer until needed. The varieties from
there aren't that fancy looking, but they're extremely hardy.

- Logic316

"Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need
for its own existence."
-- Ronald Reagan
Old 13-08-2005, 03:41 AM
Robert Flory

Where are you at? There are plenty of planted tank groups similar to:

http://www.sfbaaps.com/ Most can fill a huge aquarium for anyone starting
up.

Bob

Old 13-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Daniel Morrow

"Logic316" wrote in message
Daniel Morrow wrote:
I get my plants from http://www.thatpetplace.com but be forewarned - the
bunched plants (the fancy stuff arrives in pristine condition for the

most
part) often arrive in a big bunch, not separated or weighted. Good luck

and
later!

I don't pay for my plants anymore. I just scoop them up from a nearby
lake and keep the extras in a bucket out in the sun with a little
Miracle Gro and aquarium fertilizer until needed. The varieties from
there aren't that fancy looking, but they're extremely hardy.

Cool - that's old school, seems to be the recommended way to go for some to
most people according to my older books. I think I did that before - except
for hornwort there aren't many aquatic plants around here, especially not
high temperature plants. Interesting post by you - anyone who wants to do it
can just dig in but might want to be careful (soaking the fresh plants in a
permanganate potash/water solution for a few minutes or so first (off of the
top of my head), to prevent bugs from getting into their tank (predators,
etc.). Good luck and later!

Old 13-08-2005, 05:03 AM
Charles

http://www.aquabid.com/

http://www.azgardens.com/

Old 15-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Elaine T

lgb wrote:
In article , says...

Can anyone tell me where I can buy good quality plants. I know there are
several sites but lost the internet addresses. I recently bought some from
a company and they were not as nice as the ones I used to buy.

I was happy with a purchase from
http://www.aquariumplants.com and they have a big
selection.

I got some very nice plants from there as well. I had a bit of trouble
because they were out of a plant I ordered and held my order without
telling me. A phone call straightened it out and they sent a few extra
plants to make up for the delay.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__