Old 13-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Sue Marsh

Also, as I mention in my recipe I published, I don't use the sevin. I
never
really had a maggot problem ( they wouldn't hurt/bother me anyway) but My
DOGS just love the cakes! Ummm Good! So I'd be afraid to have it in them if
pets and reachable bonsai.

Sevin dust is used on dogs for fleas... you can also use it on them and
other animals for mites (like rabbits and guinea pigs and poultry and goats
etc)... if you're using a little of the sevin dust 5% or 10% I wouldn't
worry about the puppies -the dogs that are treated with it lick it off and
it doesn't hurt them. The 5% is what you use on rabbits and other small
critters... works well too!

I dry mine in my unused greenhouse during summer. Had some trouble with
racoons getting in the 25 or so trays if I left the doors open. They LOVE
that fish emulsion.!!Found the cure for that, I put a radio out there and
let play all night low so neighbors don't hear. No more racoons.

Hope this helps folks,
Dale

When using the radio trick, changing the station every week or so keeps it
effective-I used it for scaring away bobcats and foxes and raccoons but
found after 10 days or so of the same station they seemed to get used to
it...... my racoons etc are pretty darn smart though

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++