Old 14-08-2005, 06:27 AM
Sean Houtman

" wrote in
oups.com:

Hm, thanks, certainly sounds interesting. What exactly is the
inflorescence? I am not a biologist myself (and neither an english
native speaker). As a matter of fact, many years we have doubted
wether the plant would show up but it always has. Often however,
it has appeared after we return from holiday and I have never seen
the early stages of its appearence.
What other information would be needed to determine its name?
Will it ever carry real flowers? So far it hasn't? Are there ways
to improve this chance? Does it need more sun?

Aroids often produce flowers in the spring, you may get a stem with
something shaped like a champagne glass, with a bunch of flowers
hidden inside of that. That will generally set seed and die well
before the leaves emerge later in the summer. What you posted were
images of two leaves, probably from the same plant. Mark the spot
and check for a flower stalk in the spring.

Sean