Old 14-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Suzy O

Some folks I know swear by "Liquid Fence" for deer. The active ingredient
listed is garlic, but I see it also contains whole egg. My hunch is that is
isn't so much a repellant but a smell inhibitor, that is, it keeps the deer
from finding the plants by smell. Here's a link to the label:
http://www.hirts.com/cgi-local/catal...t=9,&item=3247

Another product some folks tell me works for deer and rabbits is our
locally-produced fertilizer, Milorganite -- short for Milwakee organic
nitrogen. It's produced as a byproduct of sewerage sludge, but is
purportedly nontoxic, even in the veggie garden. BTW -- please spare me the
poo jokes, I've heard them all! Anyway, the method of application is to
surround plants or plantings with the product.
http://www.adamsfarms.com/pest_disease_control_6.htm I 'm not sure, tho, how
available the product is outside the metro area.

Suzy O
"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
Anyone know of any tricks to keep deer out of our back yard, and from
eating
all our hostas? We have a 4' fence, but apparently thet're jumping over
it.