Old 14-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Roy

If you want ot put a membrane coating on it that is able to be applied
by anyone who can use a brush or roller, check out Sani-Tred. They
make a rubber coating designed specifically for concrete etc and fish
ponds. I know a few who have constructed gunite or concrete block
ponds and merely applied a coat or two of this Sani-Tred to the
surface and its water tight..........They also make a special
thickened rubber paste for filling in cracks and joints etc over /4"
wide that is applied first, then you follow up with the finish coat
applied by roller........

http://www.sanitred.com/

On 13 Aug 2005 21:28:54 -0700, "wayne" wrote:

===Hey Rob (or Cheryl),
===
===Thanks for the note... I did remove the tile and now I need to "really"
===seal the cement block. You mentioned Drylok?... I'm thinking of using
===some kind of paint product that when applied will create a rubber
===barrier on top of which I can replace (sigh) the tiles. Will drylok
===create the rubber barrier that I'm looking for?
===
===Thanks!
===
===Wayne
===
===
===
===Cheryl and Rob wrote:
=== What kind of blocks are they?? Hollywood blocks?? Solid blocks??
===
=== I am almost sure they make some sort of grout sealer; but I am skeptical as
=== well due to the fact that some of the tiles are constantly submerged and any
=== chemicals or what have you would break the barrier down sooner of later.
=== Another option would be to take all the tile back off and just use some
=== Drylok on it and then put a scratch coat of mud down and re set the tiles. I
=== know it sounds like a PITA and it is. Sorry I can't be of more help; I wish
=== I could. Hopefully someone else will chime in and give you more ideas.
=== "wayne" wrote in message
=== ups.com...
=== I built a pond (fountain) that has a concrete base with concrete blocks
=== around the edge to create the pond. Despite that I treated the block
=== with some water sealer I get seepage to the exterior of the blocks. Is
=== there any type of water treatment that I can add to the water that will
=== stop the leagage. The inside of the fountain is tiled so the treatment
=== must enter via that grouted area.
===
=== Thanks,
=== Wayne Gregori