Old 14-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Robert Flory

"Pedro" wrote in message
. ..
I have some ottos and SAE...will see if i can get the ancintrus...
Also, I have brown/dark algae...this calculator only talks about green and
blue algae...

Forget algae specific treatment .... unless you want to try chemicals and
really screw up you tank chemistry.

THINK PLANTS. Go for the sweet spot for heathy plant grow. If you do that
the plant do most of the work themselves. You can't wipe out the algae, but
you can have plants that are relatively algae free. Get your NPK, and
traces where they need to be, mechanically clean what you can. The plants
will do the rest for you.

"But if the ranges of nutrients are optimized for the plants, we really
don't need to worry that much about the algae It becomes a very
hostile place for the algae when the plants are growing vigorously.
Doesn't matter if the nutrients are there for the algae or not. Algae
still will die off. "
Tom Barr here on May 4 2002, 4:25 pm and othew places a hundred times
before and after

On my grumpier days, Tom reminds me of of a smartass kid I once knew, (I out
grew it) but even on those days I listen because when I follow his advice
it works

try searching this news group

or

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/