Old 14-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Mike Lyle

Sandram wrote:
Hi, Looks like you've worked hard in the garden. I did my garden

last
year, half lawn & half bark. I pressume you laid a liner under the
bark? I also sprayed the ground with weedkiller first & now only

have
containers (less weeding).. I don't understand the soil in your

bark?
Where has it come from? All I do with mine is occationally rake

over
the trodden bits to even the coverage & a spray of weed killer on

the
offending weed when one appears. Marshal Anderson Wrote:

Hi, Looks like you've worked hard in the garden. I did my garden
last year, half lawn & half bark. I pressume you laid a liner

under
the bark? I also sprayed the ground with weedkiller first & now
only have containers (less weeding).. I don't understand the soil
in your bark? Where has it come from? All I do with mine is
occationally rake over the trodden bits to even the coverage & a
spray of weed killer on the offending weed when one appears

Filename: Garden 2005.jpg

Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2836|

Are you talking to yourself already? I do it, too, but I sense that
I'm a good bit older than you are. But if you have to use weedkiller
(for one weed, I think you said?) as well as membrane _and_ a mulch,
then there's something radically wrong with your system. Try
gardening instead! That way you'll also understand where the soil
comes from, as well as why that one weed appeared.

Another tip: if you use Google to find uk.rec.gardening, you won't
be stuck with gardenbanter

--
Mike.