Old 15-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Neil Woodman

Ross Vandegrift wrote:
On 2005-08-15, Neil Woodman wrote:

What do you guys think of Amano and his approach to the hobby. I think
he's a genius personally and my main inspiration, if ever I find my
enthusiasm for planted tanks dipping I just leaf through some of his
books and that just inspires me to keep going.

I'm not much of a fan of other tanks. Not because they don't impress
me, but because I'm more solitary as a hobbiest. I love to check out
fishtanks when I can, but I don't go out of my way or buy books to do
so.

But I bet I own more of my knowledge of tanks and the things that I can
do to Amano than I ever understand. As well as lots of you guys!

Thanks for the reply Ross. I guess different people approach it in
different ways. Certainly in my case the thing that drives me is to one
day have a tank with an aquascape that is in someway near what Amano
does. That's never going to happen but I can dream I guess!

I'm also really interested in ADA equipment, it seems to be made to such
a great standard, in terms of design and craft I have never seen
equipment like it in other areas of the hobby.