Old 16-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Ray

How long to I have to keep them cut back before the vine root gives up the
ghost?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Ray" wrote in message
We have had a severe attack of wild grape vines in our hedges and trees.
After a couple of days of pulling and digging, I think I have cut off
every vine at the root and have tried to pull up the roots insofar as
possible. Sometimes they run like an underground snake, 10 or 15 feet
long.

I'm sure that the vine will attempt a comeback. My question is, when I
see the first grape leaves, can I spray them with a herbicide -- being
very careful, of course, not to hit any plants we want to keep.

What kind of herbicide should I use?

Pruning shears. Cut as close to the stump as possible. And, pick up a
medium-coarse file to keep your spade sharp. As long as you're going to
repeat one procedure or another, may as well be a safe one.