Old 16-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Paul

Thanks again for the input!

The fertilizer is from Turf Magic and is 8-8-8 with .60% MG.

Tom Jaszewski wrote:
On 16 Aug 2005 11:29:03 -0700, "Paul"
wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

My backyard is on my sprinkler system and that station waters 3 times a
week for 15 minutes plus some additional watering when I give the
hibiscus a drink.

OK so here's a potential problem...clocks are automatic, but not
clairvoyant! It could be that the T. fortunei is to dry!!!! There is
no substitute for a dirty finger checking soil moisture....I always
evaluate my palms by using an soil probe (sampling probe)

I bought the fertilizer awhile back and it is specifically for Palms
but I don't have the details with me (it's a granular type that you
work into the soil and I remember the label said to use it during the
spring, summer, and fall).

Sometimes the stunting can be a magnesium deficiency! It's important
to know what the contents are of the palm fertilizer you used....Mn
and Mg deficiencies are common in many palms....

How do you know if you have mites and what can you do to treat them?

magnifying glass....hort oils can be effective....

Thanks!

Oh and don't forget some compost tea to improve soil biology....

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold