Old 17-08-2005, 04:38 AM
Elaine T

Pedro wrote:
I will get a test kit for phosphate and see what I can do...I will try to
find the sweet spot. I might need some other plants. Maybe my plant load is
low and it can not combat the algae...any suggestion of good, easy care
plants that grow fast?

Hygrophila polysperma, Rotala indica (or rotundifolia), baby's tears,
and watersprite are some of my favorite fast growers. When the hygro,
rotala, or baby's tears get too tall, lop them off and stick the tops in
the gravel. The plant will sprout from the remaining stem and the tops
will root. Watersprite produces baby plants at its leaf margins you can
plant.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__