Old 17-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Cereus-validus.......

How about hiring some neighbor kids to pull them out for you?

"gardengal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a large (really large, like 50 feet by 50 feet) shade garden in
my backyard, but it is being completely overrun by weeds. I am trying
to come up with a way to get rid of the weeds (and keep them from
coming back!) without killing off the beautiful trees, ferns, hostas
and other perennials growing throughout. I have used thick layers of
newspaper covered with mulch in smaller areas with a great deal of
success, but this is such a large area (and the weeds are soo tall!),
I'm looking for other suggestions. Any thoughts?