Old 18-08-2005, 01:58 AM
Justin

Hi all,

From what I have seen of Amano I think his tanks are breathtaking... But they almost touch on the unreal in my opinion... Some of them appear to be dreamlike in that they almost look imposible to create. I have 3 of his books on lay-by (lay-away I think it's called in America) just so I can get some inspiration... But I doubt I will be able to re-create what he has mastered. I have been told though that he makes his tanks for one photo and then after that they "fall apart" as they are not designed for a permanent display, I would like to think that this person doesn't know what they are talking about...

"Neil Woodman" wrote in message ...
Elaine T wrote:
Neil Woodman wrote:

What do you guys think of Amano and his approach to the hobby. I think he's a genius personally and my main inspiration, if ever I find my enthusiasm for planted tanks dipping I just leaf through some of his books and that just inspires me to keep going.

what about you guys?

I love his aquascapes! Whenever I set up a new tank, I leaf through his books for inspiration. I'm not sure I would want all the light and fish he puts in his tanks, but I love doing similar aquascapes with classic lower light plants.

Me too, the problem I have is while I can get the plants growing for a while eventually the tank begins to look a bit rubbish. Its the long term maintenance I have the biggest problem with, most of my tanks last a few months before needing a revamp.