Old 18-08-2005, 08:08 AM
presley

You could also use a long-handled lopper, cut all the weeds down to near
soil level, and then use newspaper and mulch. Some of the thicker stemmed
weeds would probably poke through, but you could keep after them more
easily.
"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
t...
How about hiring some neighbor kids to pull them out for you?

"gardengal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a large (really large, like 50 feet by 50 feet) shade garden in
my backyard, but it is being completely overrun by weeds. I am trying
to come up with a way to get rid of the weeds (and keep them from
coming back!) without killing off the beautiful trees, ferns, hostas
and other perennials growing throughout. I have used thick layers of
newspaper covered with mulch in smaller areas with a great deal of
success, but this is such a large area (and the weeds are soo tall!),
I'm looking for other suggestions. Any thoughts?