Old 18-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Derek Broughton

Roy wrote:

Not to sound harsh, buty if you have to ask these questions I would
think its best to hire a qualified electrican to do whats necessary.
Not many folks get a sceond chance when dealing with water and
electricty.

Plus, given his wording, he's probably dealing with 240V - twice the chance
of a painful ending :-)

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:53:59 GMT, "Steve" wrote:

I recently purchased an all-in-one fountain, filter, pump and light.
I asked if I needed a Residual Circuit Breaker but was told that
most modern electrical systems will trip in the event of a problem.

That's pure BS, unless it's standard practice to put RCB/GFCI breakers in
panels in your location. Most modern systems will trip if there's a short
- but after letting fatal quantities of electricity pass to ground (earth)
through your body.

Yes, you need an RCB, and you should get it done by an electrician.
--
derek