Old 18-08-2005, 11:04 PM
shawnandcathy

We've had a lot of luck with 2 cups water/ 1 cup sugar. Because most
hummingbird feeders have red on them it is not necessary to use the red dye.
I also shake the feeder every day to release the trapped bubbles and get
good flow through the feeder holes. Make sure you hang the feeder at least
5 feet high in the open and near trees. Most of ours take a drink and then
dash to the end of branches for a rest. We also have garden phlox, bee balm
and many other flowers nearby for attraction. Don't forget to change out
solution every 5-7 days to keep it fresh. This year we have had up to six
at one time and it keeps us entertained as they dive bomb and chase each
other all over the yard and create quite a chatter (yes they chatter like
squirrels!)

"FXDWG" wrote in message

I've occasionally seen Humming Birds outside my front door near the
garden. I think they're really cool, and would love to attract more.

I bought a Humming Bird feeder, which is sort of an upside down liquid
dispenser filled will with some REAL sugary sweet bright red stuff.
We haven't seen one Humming Bird.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how best to attract the
little buggers.

Thanks!