Old 18-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Emily

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:28:07 GMT, "Cereus-validus......."
wrote:

Finally the Grand Poobah humbles himself before the truth!!!

By beginner plant, you must mean a relatively young one or one with an
immature rootstock. Certainly it isn't one with training wheels!!!

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
. ..
schreef
Well, I have never seen anything resembling fruit. Might this have to
do with the climate? I live in the Netherlands.

***
Probably nothing to do with climate.
The Botanic Gardens at Utrecht have an extensive collection of
Arisaema-species and all or most of these carry fruit.

The fruits cannot be overlooked, in contrast to the inflorescence.
Of course, a specimen with relatively poor reserves will have male
inflorescences only.
So a specimen that is only a beginner at flowering indeed won't have
fruit.
PvR

Oh dear. The absurdly named Cereus-validus is at it again - scoring
cheap linguistic points off people who don't have English as their
first language.