Old 19-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Steve

Anthona wrote:
Weel, I had just about given up until i saw a new growth of a leaf at the
base of my Dend and Phal. The Dend is outside in shade on my patio and the
phal is indoors. Now what?

With the Den. just keep growing it.
With the Phal, is the new leaf also at the base of the plant as your
wording implies? Of course Phals usually make new leaves at the top and
they make new roots and flower spikes from the bottom. If you are
definitely seeing a leaf at the bottom, that's not a real bad thing. It
will eventually turn into a 2nd plant. Some Phals do this easier than
others. I think they are more likely to do it if they are not getting
enough light to produce a new flower spike. They produce more leaves
instead. Something to consider.

Steve