Old 20-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Hal

Default Nematodes

Is there a way to control nematodes?

I'm in Zone 8 Middle Georgia and Datura grow well, but 2 of the 5
Brugmansia Angel Trumpets I set out this year grew to 2 or 3 feet tall
and were blown over by an afternoon thunderstorm. When I went to set
them upright I found the plants had been eaten on the inside and were
broken at the ground. I had raised tomatoes in that spot some years
ago and they always had knotty roots from nematode damage, but
produced tomatoes well and I ignored the root damage. I don't think
I can ignore the nematodes and raise Brugmansia, but I would prefer to
control nematodes without killing earthworms if possible.

Regards,

Hal