Old 20-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Hal

Default Nematodes

Is there a way to control nematodes?

I'm in Zone 8 Middle Georgia and Datura grow well, but 2 of the 5
Brugmansia Angel Trumpets I set out this year grew to 2 or 3 feet tall
and were blown over by an afternoon thunderstorm. When I went to set
them upright I found the plants had been eaten on the inside and were
broken at the ground. I had raised tomatoes in that spot some years
ago and they always had knotty roots from nematode damage, but
produced tomatoes well and I ignored the root damage. I don't think
I can ignore the nematodes and raise Brugmansia, but I would prefer to
control nematodes without killing earthworms if possible.

Regards,

Hal

[IMG] code is On

Nematodes :-( Nick Maclaren United Kingdom 6 26-02-2005 10:16 AM
where to find nematodes/ diatomaceous earth Judy Devore Texas 26 17-05-2003 05:44 AM
still looking for where to buy DE and nematodes Judy Devore Texas 1 08-05-2003 01:44 PM
[IBC] nematodes Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 10 08-03-2003 02:56 AM
Sites on nematodes, slugs, wireworms etc. sacha United Kingdom 2 27-11-2002 09:18 AM