Old 20-08-2005, 10:11 AM
THURSTON ACKERMAN

Default Marigolds suddenly dy

FamilyNet International Newsgate

We have had a the same problem with some planter boxs we had
seeded and developed nicely for our cematary stones. About
3 weeks after a very hot and relatively dry period in the
cematary they appeared to have died back. Brought them home
and with some daily watering (like their cousins boudering
our house) they are back to life again. Guess they kinda need
almost TLC to prosper as expected.

Stay young, OldAck.

GAFrom: "Gary"

GAI've had problems with marigolds for the past two or three years.
GAProbably a different issue than what Ellie describes. In my case, I've
GAplanted marigolds in pots in full sun for years and up until the past
GA2-3 years, they have done fine. The last few years when the hot part
GAof summer hits and we get our usual week or two of temps above 100 F,
GAthe marigolds just fry and die.
GAPreviously, I had no problems with marigolds in full sun and they
GAseemed to tolerate the heat just fine. Until recently, I thought
GAmarigolds were tough as nails! Some of my friends & neighbors complain
GAof similar problems. This is just bizarre!
GAAny ideas on what might be happening?
GAThanks,
GAGary

GA--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
GA * Origin: http://groups.google.com (8:8/2003)
---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Eat your desert first. Life is too short.

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.familynet-international.org