Old 21-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Jackie D Jackie D is offline
Registered User

Default Can I move my decidious fern?

Hi

I have two well established plants that are sited too close together and are swamping my deciduous fern (variety unknown).

To the left of the fern I have a Fargesia murieliae 'Jumbo' (H 7ft x S 4ft) and on the other side is a female Aucuba japonica (H 4 ft x S 3ft).

I could really do with moving the fern but I'd like to know if it is possible to successfully move it and what is the best time of year to do this? Also tips on how to move it would be useful. The spotted laurel might be easier to move as it has only been in the ground for about five years. I think the fern has been in for about ten years.

Can anyone offer me some advice please?

Thanks
Jackie