Old 22-08-2005, 08:16 AM
presley

I get a lot of self-seeding cosmos, and some started to bloom around July
1 - others have yet to bloom - in many cases, the plants are within 2-3
feet of the others in nearly identical soil/water conditions. I have to
assume that there are genetic factors involved as well as the usual
suspects - light and/or heat triggers.
"Jenny" wrote in message
A certain number of the yellow cosmos I plant come up with huge shaggy
leaves and thick stems but never produce a single flower. This is true of
those I purchase in sets and those I plant from seed.

Last year I left them in assuming they'd eventually bloom, but they
didn't. This year I yanked them.

What's the explanation?
--Jenny

http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/ Type 2 Diabetes info