Old 22-08-2005, 05:31 PM
undergroundbob undergroundbob is offline
Registered User

Default bursting tomatoes

Hi all, I'm sure this is probably an eejit question and I could research the answer myself but...I'm too lazy.

This is the first time I've grown tomatoes (cherry) and they are at the ripening stage. The largest ones have split their skins just as they turn from green and I'm wondering why. Too hot in my mini greenhouse? Or just literally bursting with flavour?

Incidentally, you should have seen my face when I found out that all of the tasty-looking ripe ones from last week were, in fact, totally hollow, having been scooped out by sneaky slugs. Buggers!

Bob