Old 22-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Jim Lewis

John Dhom wrote:
Per post a week or so ago I got a nice, but somewhat neglected, juniper from
a friend. The juniper had a significant ant infestation (and other). I gave
it an overnight soak and then treated it with Ortho Home and Garden. This
significantly reduced the problem(s). Last inspection I only found a few
ants. I will continue to monitor the tree closely.

Someone [local] recommended Torro for controlling the remaining ants. Are
there any potential dangers using Torro in bonsai? Looks like a syrup bait
the ants feed on and carry home.

1. Read the label
2. If the label's not clear (probable), experiment on a
tree you're not too fond of.

I've never heard of "Torro" and think it would be better
used to get rid of pestiferous bulls.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --