Old 09-12-2002, 04:53 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default From 2000 to 200 squaremeters

On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:25:19 GMT, (Vera Gade) wrote:

I have not any experience of this special kind of gardening - up trailing
in trellage in stark sunshine - I with my old shady and bushy garden with
the oldfashioned rosbushes. What am I to grow? What am I to look out for?
Problems? Of course it is milder and damper in England, but I don't know -
the climat is obviosly changing this years, so perhaps I will have
UK-conditions in the future!

See if you can find the "Explorer" (or perhaps it's "Canadian
Explorer") series of hardy roses. These were developed for
Canadian gardens, and as you probably know, most of Canada has
fiercely cold winter weather. Look for cultivar names such as
"William Baffin" -- the roses in this line are (as you might
guess) named after early explorers of the frozen north.

Be grateful for your new, much smaller garden: now you can get
rid of all the second-rate and mediocre plants, as well as those
you are not absolutely crazy about, and have a garden of only the
very, very best.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada