Old 22-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Mike Lyle

likeregularchic wrote:
Hello,

I know absolutely nothing about gardening and I want to grow some
indoor potted plants, but I cant find anywhere to buy bags of

compost
from. I've looked in all the nearby shops that i think might have

it
but they dont. I have no car so i cant travel to b&q or homebase

since
they're too far away. I'm in manchester so if anyone knows anywhere

can get some in the city centre it'd really help.

Homebase deliver, but they charge £4.95. B&Q £5. A bit steep for a
bag of compost, but if there's no alternative...

If there's no physical difficulty for you in handling it, you can
take a growbag (the cheapest way to get the stuff) on the bus, you
know!

Forgive me for asking, but do you count as "old"? If you do, then the
local Age Concern are great for odd jobs like that: number should be
in the book.

It seems that you probably don't shop at one of the big edge-of-town
supermarkets. If you use a local Mum-and-Dad shop, you could ask if
they ever go to one of the DIY places, and if so, could they perhaps
pick up a growbag for you. Perhaps your Sainsbury's, like ours, has
Homebase right opposite, and some kind friend or neighbour who shops
there could pick one up.

--
Mike.