Old 23-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Doug Miller

In article .com, wrote:

Toxin from poisonous amanita is a protein, but I'm not sure how long it
takes to break down. On the other hand, the poison may be a good souce
of nitrogen for plants. I plan to use the compost for fruit trees.

According to one source
http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/...roscopy-uk.org.
uk/mag/artjun00/jpfungi.html
the typical amanita cap contains 30 to 90 milligrams of toxin. You'd have to
have thousands of them before the toxin would provide enough nitrogran to
measure, except with laboratory instruments.

--
Regards,