Old 23-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Kay

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Kay
writes
In article , Larry
Stoter writes
OK - sorry, I think I'm being lazy because I think this has been
discussed ....

Are there any problems pruning Black Mulberry and when should it be
done?

I've read that it should be done in winter because if it is in leaf it
tends to bleed.

I've taken small branches off mine with no trouble but nothing over half
an inch

I took 35 foot off mine and left me with three stumps. It still sprouts
prolifically every year and grows shoots of up to 8 foot in one season.
I cut it back in the winter but it certainly recovers well

Your black mulberry is a law unto itself. Grows twice as fast as the
average black mulberry and has insipid fruit instead of the luscious
full flavoured fruit one expects.
--
Kay