Old 23-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Don't you know how to search Google or Agricola yet, Archie?

Does your mother know you are on her computer making a fool of yourself
again?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an experiment at the moment as to cutting propagation on
blue-spruce, taxus species, arborvitae species, juniper species. I want
to know which takes more readily to cutting propagation. And the early
indications are that arborvitae is the easiest and fastest to propagate
with taxus in second place. And which of blue-spruce or juniper comes
in third or fourth. But I admit that I use sand as a medium whereas
others probably use perlite mix with sphaghum or peat moss.

Has anyone derived the data on these four?

Also a question on taxus. Is the tallest taxus the cuspidata capitata.
Somehow from youth I had the impression that yew trees grew native to
England and where huge tall trees. But according to this capitata, yew
trees are not tall. And if yew trees are native to England then it
seems as though they would need alot of water, not standing water but
alot of rainfall.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium