Old 24-08-2005, 04:06 AM
B & J

"Ben" wrote in message
ups.com...

I grew this from a cutting last fall and left it in a basement window
over the winter in a 6" Pot. It has only been fertilized twice.
The mother plant, also in the basement but planted in the ground has
only had one bloom all summer.

I wonder if it's the 12" pot? I read once that Oak trees in years of
drought will produce more acorn than normal. Something about being
programmed to reproduce themselves when under stress.
(Eastern Ontario)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Datura002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Datura001.jpg

I think what you have is a brugmansia although they were once classified as
a datura. I have both and there is a difference. The blossoms on your plant
are beautiful. My biggest complaint about the brug in our area is that it is
pest magnet, which means everything from spider mites to caterpillars.

Check out this site, which explains the difference:

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/b...154005861.html

John