Old 24-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Lol" contains these words:

.... but I must do something about the lawn - I have two biggish bald
patches
(about 1 metre square) a legacy of the bird feeders being left in one place
for too long- is it just a matter of sprinkling some seed on and feeding it
please ?

Well, yes and no. If so much as half a dozen seeds are visible to birds,
especially sparrows, you may lose the lot. Seed should be covered with a
sprinkling of soil or sand, or the area(s) should be protected some
other way, (Black cotton stretched between pegs covering the area is
something which works to some extent.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/