Old 24-08-2005, 08:17 PM
sam

Rod Craddock wrote:
"sam" wrote in message

My greenhouse toms have been devasted this year by leaf mosiac
virus.Last winter I took out the top spit and brought in soil from
my organic vegatable garden, at the same time washing down the
greenhouse interior with Jeyes Fluid, but all to no avail.Brandywine
is badly affected,also Green Zebra and to a lesser extent
Shirley.The fruit is unaffected except without healthy leaves no
more are setting.What can I do? What about garlic companion
planting? It has worked quite well against blackspot on roses but I
am not sure if it is a good companion for tomatoes.I feel shattered.

Might be worth doing a Google for manganese deficiency, some
superficial similarity to virus symptoms and often shows up on young
foliage towards the end of the season if the plants are running out of
steam or if you're watering with hard water or haven't been feeding
them enough (most feeds contain manganese amongst other trace
elements)

Thank you, bob, michael, and Rod for your erudite replies.
Sam.