Old 23-08-2005, 08:33 PM
sam

Default tomato leaf mosiac virus.

My greenhouse toms have been devasted this year by leaf mosiac
virus.Last winter I took out the top spit and brought in soil from my
organic vegatable garden, at the same time washing down the greenhouse
interior with Jeyes Fluid, but all to no avail.Brandywine is badly
affected,also Green Zebra and to a lesser extent Shirley.The fruit is
unaffected except without healthy leaves no more are setting.What can I
do? What about garlic companion planting? It has worked quite well
against blackspot on roses but I am not sure if it is a good companion
for tomatoes.I feel shattered.
Old 23-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Bob Hobden

"sam" wrote
My greenhouse toms have been devasted this year by leaf mosiac virus.Last
winter I took out the top spit and brought in soil from my organic
vegatable garden, at the same time washing down the greenhouse interior
with Jeyes Fluid, but all to no avail.Brandywine is badly affected,also
Green Zebra and to a lesser extent Shirley.The fruit is unaffected except
without healthy leaves no more are setting.What can I do? What about
garlic companion planting? It has worked quite well against blackspot on
roses but I am not sure if it is a good companion for tomatoes.I feel
shattered.

Do you smoke?

--
Regards
Bob

Old 24-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Rod Craddock

"sam" wrote in message
My greenhouse toms have been devasted this year by leaf mosiac
virus.Last winter I took out the top spit and brought in soil from
my organic vegatable garden, at the same time washing down the
greenhouse interior with Jeyes Fluid, but all to no avail.Brandywine
is badly affected,also Green Zebra and to a lesser extent
Shirley.The fruit is unaffected except without healthy leaves no
more are setting.What can I do? What about garlic companion
planting? It has worked quite well against blackspot on roses but I
am not sure if it is a good companion for tomatoes.I feel shattered.

Might be worth doing a Google for manganese deficiency, some
superficial similarity to virus symptoms and often shows up on young
foliage towards the end of the season if the plants are running out of
steam or if you're watering with hard water or haven't been feeding
them enough (most feeds contain manganese amongst other trace
elements)

--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.

Old 24-08-2005, 08:17 PM
sam

Rod Craddock wrote:
"sam" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you, bob, michael, and Rod for your erudite replies.
Sam.