Old 25-08-2005, 12:12 PM
John McMillan

In article , Janet Tweedy
wrote:

Ah but I grew it from a seed so I guess that explains the variation in
type?
Makes superb whippy stuff for a friend who does a great deal of living
willow sculptures and basket work etc.

How long from seed to first fruit? Not that I'm actually interested
in speed-trialling your newly developed insipid variety. I have a
sapling which came from J.Tweedie, Dumfries. Its now two years older
than when I bought it and produces lots of healthy looking foliage
but as yet no fruit. No "superb whippy stuff" either; each new years
twigs are only 70cm or so. Its on a hill, protected from NE winds
by the house but completely exposed on the W to wind/weather coming
off the pennines.

john McMillan