Old 25-08-2005, 07:37 PM
John

Default another odd plant, need help identifying

Hello group..
We have had these "odd looking" mimosa looking things which grow REALLY fast
along the road out near my house..They grow from a cluster of branches
usually, like a chinaberry or a myrtle. They have leaves sorta like a
mimosa but larger. They are covered with actually very pretty yellow
flowers which hang like lanterns but get absolutely covered with bean pods,
flat ones which look like snow pea pods. They seem to have been brought in
when my developement was graded as they don't appear in the natural forest
areas but only along the road..I am sure it's probably a super invasive sort
of thing, but anyone have an idea?

Thanks!
John