Old 26-08-2005, 02:45 AM
Puckdropper

"RiverMan" wrote in news:1125004289.108905.50980
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

I am a fisheries habitat biologist in the state of Oregon. We work with
private landowners interested in reestablishing native vegetation. To
do this, we lay all large weed barrier tarps in which we plant into.
The plants are growing unbelievably well, but the mice are killing a
good portion of them by girdling the stems near the ground.

I am wondering if anyone knows of an effective repellent that can be
used to stop this from happening. Please realize that I have literally
thousands of plants to protect so something very labor intensive is not
an option for us. Thank you for any suggestions!

RM

For a mice/mole/rodent problem, I must recommend a good young cat. In
fact, for something as large as your area you may want a couple. Treat
the cats nice and shelter them, so they know they're home, and you'll
probably have your mouse problem disappear.

Never had a problem with rodents in my garden... Even helped the cat go
after a mole once.

Puckdropper

--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.